1 Chronicles 28-29; Proverbs 29:21-27

Click here for Monday's Bible Reading.

"Endearing Lord," a hymn by Barney E. Warren, based on 1 Chronicles 29:11: "Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all." Click here to hear the tune.
  1. O Christ divine, O God of love,
    Thou source of every good;
    I’ll live in time and heav’n above,
    And serve Thee as I should.
    • Refrain:
      Endearing Lord! Majestic One!
      With radiant glories crowned;
      Oh, Thou hast conquered, I have come,
      Thy pard’ning grace I’ve found.
  2. Sweet peace and love now reign within,
    Like rolling rivers flow;
    Thus keeping all my life from sin
    In this vain world below.
  3. My life and breath are in Thy hand,
    My joys and all I know;
    I live and breathe at Thy command—
    Then shall I leave Thee? No.
  4. Lord, if I had ten thousand lives,
    I’d give them all to Thee;
    Thy matchless goodness surely proves
    Thy wondrous love to me.
  5. Majestic Christ! O dearest Friend!
    Thou princely One so pure;
    Let men and angel voices blend,
    Thy royal name adore.

No comments: